The Media Planner / Buyer combines creative thinking with factual analysis to develop appropriate strategies to ensure campaigns reach their target audiences as effectively as possible. Managing multiple clients and campaigns, the Media Planner / Buyer creates and monitors a paid media strategy within each client’s allocated budgeted to give maximum exposure through the entire media spectrum: radio, television, print, and digital.
- Develop strategic paid media recommendations, including targeting considerations, data implementation, tracking strategy, partner and placement selection, buying methodologies, and optimizations
- Oversee paid media strategy, activation, and analysis for assigned clients
- Monitor all digital marketing campaign performance daily (including Paid Social, Paid Search, Display, Native and more) and identify areas of opportunity to optimize media
- Set up, traffic, and manage media across a variety of self-service ad-buying platforms
- Audit current campaigns across all owned platforms and make recommendations for best practices and optimizations
- Analyze campaign performance data, provide recommendations and implement optimizations
- Join ongoing agency/vendor calls to discuss account performance, interpretation of data, and action plans based on findings
- Responsible for overseeing budget pacing and tracking
- Support in the creation of new campaigns and media briefs
- Contribute to monthly performance reporting and presentations
- Serve as subject matter expert on current and emerging media platforms, trends and best practices
- 3+ years of paid media buying experience, preferably within an agency
- Strong understanding of which platforms and placements to leverage across all levels of the marketing funnel
- Expertly versed in Paid Search, Facebook, and LinkedIn ads platforms, with working knowledge of programmatic buying
- Inquisitive, eager, and analytical - should be excited to review performance data, pull platform levers, and learn more about algorithmic behavior, machine learning, and nuances of digital channels
- High proficiency in Excel - comfortable pulling raw data, creating pivots and data visuals
- Self-starter with the ability to communicate and engage proactively with the team
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of advertising analytics and reporting tools
- Ability to interpret digital marketing performance data into actionable optimization recommendations to improve client business goals
- An enthusiastic team player who executes efficiently with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Experience in the healthcare vertical is a plus
About Karsh Hagan
Made in Colorado, 1977
Karsh Hagan is a boldly independent, multi-disciplined marketing, design and technology company in Denver, Colorado. As a purpose-driven collection of makers, doers, innovators, and explorers of brave ideas, we believe brands have to transcend what they make or do, and stand for something bigger to make a lasting impact in the world today. We don't just do advertising. We don't just do design. We don't just build websites or mobile apps. We solve real-world business challenges with creative solutions that generate positive results and add lasting value to people's lives.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Karsh Hagan provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.