Director of Analytics
Creative Technology Department
The Director of Analytics role is a big opportunity for the right individual to become a change agent within a thriving digital agency environment to build out an analytics practice from scratch. The role will act as the primary day-to-day strategic and execution contact for client analytics deliverables including but not limited to measurement planning, weekly reporting, media/creative/interactive analysis, as well as competitive research and analysis.
The Director of Analytics will align and direct the management, development, and integration of data analytics and business intelligence necessary for supporting the mission, vision strategies, objectives, and goals of our clients’ businesses.
The Director of Analytics will organize and assemble the team, technology, processes, and financial resources necessary to address the current and future analytics needs of the agency. The Director of Analytics understands that information and data are key business asset and operationalizes the application of data and information in order to deliver optimal performance for our clients.
- Establish an analytics methodology for the agency and evolve it into the future
- Driving departmental culture and promote data-driven decision-making, consumer-driven analytics, marketing, and investment planning across the agency
- Onboard clients into our analytics practice
- Collaborate with media and other departments to determine goals and measurement strategies
- Collaborate with media to optimize media plans and attribution models
- Perform audience measurement within and across media and marketing channels
- Perform ad hoc business intelligence evaluations and provide client insights
- Deliver projects independently, manage up
- Collaborate with agency staff to develop timelines and budgets for analytics projects
- Deliver analytics projects on time and budget
- Create client-friendly dashboards and analytics reporting
- Present project deliverables and results to clients
- Develop ongoing relationships with clients
- Support new business team with analytics services
- Stay on top of industry trends and share with agency and clients
- Self-starter, takes initiative and creates opportunities
- Must be able to lead day-to-day activity on large analytical projects
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Demonstrated experience growing team members in a cross functional organization
- Demonstrated ability to grow junior talent and help develop team skills / careers
- Extensive experience writing and presenting analytics insights
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative skills
- Expertise in analytics tools like Google DCM, Atlas, Google Analytics, and Adobe Analytics
- Understanding of digital analytics related to content syndication and social platforms
- Experience in incorporating brand research into measurement plans
- Experience with Excel, Tableau, Cognos, Microsoft BI
- Experience with diagnostic tools like IBM Watson is a plus
- Experience querying databases using SQL and experience using statistics software packages such as SAS, SPSS, R highly desirable
- Experience with digital media and attribution platforms
- Knowledge of digital media industry research tools including MRI, Media Metrix, Nielsen Net Ratings, Ad Relevance, @Plan, Web Trends, Jupiter, and Forrester
- Key performance indicator creation and validation
- Strong understanding of metrics like buying models, CLV, CPV, VCR, GRP and Quantitative business measures
- Any SEO and SEM experience is a plus
- Agency experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree a plus
- 5 - 7 years relevant work experience in the analytics field; digital media experience required
- Full Benefits
About Karsh Hagan
Made in Colorado, 1977
Karsh Hagan is a boldly independent, multi-disciplined marketing, design and technology company in Denver, Colorado. As a purpose-driven collection of makers, doers, innovators, and explorers of brave ideas, we believe brands have to transcend what they make or do, and stand for something bigger to make a lasting impact in the world today. We don't just do advertising. We don't just do design. We don't just build websites or mobile apps. We solve real-world business challenges with creative solutions that generate positive results and add lasting value to people's lives.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
It is the policy of Karsh Hagan not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.